Thursday, September 1, 2016
I had only planted two cucumbers... and that was plenty.. still harvesting them... not sure of the kind I had planted, but I don't much care for the taste.. Next year I will be better at picking which one I plant...
Suggested cucumber varieties Slicing
• Thunder - very early.
• Fanfare - semi-bush, monoecious,
• Marketmore 76 - uniform, dark green fruit. Pickling • County Fair - nearly seedless if isolated from other cucumbers.
• Calypso - gynoecious, early to mid-season.
• Fancipak M - gynoecious, early to mid-season. Burpless
• Diva - gynoecious, parthenocarpic
• Sweet Slice - monoecious, slicing
. • Tasty Green - monoecious, slicing. Bush
• Salad Bush - slicing.
• Spacemaster - slicing.
• Bush Pickle - pickling. Heirloom
• Lemon - similar in size and appearance to a lemon, light yellow skin, white flesh.
• White Wonder - cylindrical fruits with ivory-white skin.